We are pretty well at the centre of the northern half of the Norfolk Broads and, as such, an ideal spot for your first evening stop after picking up your boat – or even your last night ... who wants to spend their last evening at the boatyard? See our ‘Location’ page for a map and more details.
What do we offer?
First and foremost we guarantee a friendly welcome. We never forget that we owe our very livelihood to you, our customers! Our whole philosophy is that we want you to come back again and spread the word! You’ll only do that if you enjoy your time with us. To that end, we offer:
- Excellent food: a wide choice at reasonable prices – see our ‘Food & drink’ page for a selection, updated for 2012
- A large, comfortable family room and safe, enclosed beer garden
- For the children, we have our own separate amusement arcade, pool tables, air hockey and access to the village playing field with swings next to the pub
- We welcome dogs
- A good choice of real ales and lagers
- As well as serving food in the main bar and gardens, we also have a separate restaurant area
- Hot showers
- Village shop: selling essentials such as milk, tea, coffee, bread and suchlike as well as ice cream
Being a riverside pub, the Lion Inn has ample moorings: both sides of Thurne Dyke are available to some 35 boats and we are a short walk away from the public moorings at Thurne Mouth. If the dyke looks full, please phone us as there’s usually a space not visible from the river. There is no need to book moorings prior to arrival.